Saturday, October 9, 2021

My Childhood

 The smell of the sea always makes me think of Arica, and as part of my family lives there, it has a special place in my heart and in my memory.

There I enjoyed going to the "club" that when I was 5 I only saw it as a beach with little boats and a few years ago I found out that it was a yacht club xD, but well, the point is that there were small boats there and my grandmother's husband had one named after my grandmother called "la josefina" and the times we went to the club it was for two things 1. Go swimming and lying on the beach. 2. Go yachting, and I loved the second one too much. He would take my sisters, my father, my grandmother and me on the yacht to sail around the sea and look at the sea animals and birds.

Curiously, although I went every year to a city with a beach, I learned to swim when I was about 7-8 years old in a pool that I don't even remember anymore, and for me it was quite an achievement, because I was really scared of it.

I think my childhood was great, I had a lot of space to enjoy what it is to be a child.

1 Comments:

At October 9, 2021 at 6:26 PM , Blogger m ignaciat said...

That you were able to learn to swim being so small even though you were afraid of it is a great achievement!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home