Saturday, October 16, 2021

"Did somebody mention art?"- Bob the Drag Queen

                                                        https://youtu.be/ru-oHqBJkxY

       Before the pandemic I used to go to museums frequently, seeing other people's art is very interesting to me, because beyond what it provokes, we also see a bit of the artist and what they thinks.Another thing that I find very interesting is when museums show the artistic processes or explain them on those little boards that they put next to the works (Idk what they're called), I really like to learn about new techniques and investigate them.

Well, in general I like to study, but I think that this kind of "research" serves to complement my skills, since I don't consider myself naturally skilled, I function in my career mainly by motivation and constant work. Anyway when I was at school I had the opportunity to learn some techniques in an art school, when I was studying there, the teacher always entered us in 2 to 3 drawing/painting competitions in a year, we would find out the theme, she would evaluate us (because the projects were graded) and then she would send all our works to the competition. Only once I won, and they gave me a TV👻. 

Many times I have questioned who decide the "winners" of the contests, will they accept all forms of art? will they be impartial? will they have a favourite area?, it has always caused me noise, because apart from the fact that art can be very subjective, how can you evaluate a work without knowing the artist? and the moment you know about the artist you can't be impartial, well, a whole moral complication, ah. 

Anyway, I think that competitions open up a very big world for artists in general (not only visual artists) and it's important to maintain one of the few spaces that can give us some facility

1 Comments:

At October 16, 2021 at 11:21 PM , Blogger Ariel Ortega F said...


sometimes it is better not to win something unfair

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home